Girl Scout World is the only official Girl Scout store servicing Girl Scouts Overseas. We are located on Camp Zama, Japan and ship globally. We strive to provide high quality customer service, affordable shipping rates, and unique product options. These policies help us ensure transparency and accuracy in our communication and fulfillment of orders we receive. These policies are independent from any regulations or promotions provided by GSUSA, and apply to all USAGSO members and international customers ordering from Girl Scout World.
** Please note, any orders placed under $30 will incur a $3.00 handling fee, to be charged at the time of payment. Additional shipping charges may apply.
**All Orders will be filled within 5 days, and will be sent to the post office for processing accordingly.
**International, EMS, and Japan Post orders will be processed on Wendsdays.
- Early bird – Each year we publish updated information and will state the dates this discount is available to for use. It is a ONE time use. Troop and OC purchases are NOT eligible to use this discount. Please state you want to use this discount when you place the order.
- Additional discounts may be offered throughout the year. Check our website and facebook pages for available promotional and/or discount codes.
- If the discount code is not working, please check your VPN.
- You can add the discount code on comment box and the discount will be applied at time of tender ( if you choose this method you will NOT see the discount immidiatly).
We are happy to place special orders for items not found in the Girl Scout World store. To place a special order contact us at email@example.com or via the Contact Us page on our website. The following policies apply to any special orders:
- All Special Orders: Must be paid in advance and are non-refundable.
- Fun Patches: Must be ordered in sets of 12 due to GSUSA ordering regulations.
- Clothing: There is no minimum order on special orders; however, we cannot offer exchanges for size discrepancies.
- Novelty & Misc. Items: There is no minimum order amount.
Global Shipping Methods
We are proud to offer several shipping options with a variety of prices and delivery times. Please review the options carefully and select the one most applicable for your needs. Only the options available for your delivery destination will display at check out. Please note, only military communities can utilize the Military Postal Service option. As with all shipping methods, delivery times during the holidays can vary so order early! Please know that shipping may increase or decrease based on the size or weight of your order. We do our best to keep this cost as low as possible. Thank you for understanding this since international shipping can vary widely and we aim to ship in the most affordable method that we have access to.
- MPS (Military Postal Service) - available overseas only for customers with an APO or FPO address. There is no cost for this service, however there is a cost to certain FPOs.This shipping method is based on space available, so no guaranteed timeframe for delivery. There is NO Tracking information for MPS Packages.
- DPO (Diplomatic Post Office) - Per State Department all DPO address need USPS Postage (Flat Rate Prices apply). Customers with a DPO address have to select United State Shipping, if the system did not automatically selected it.
- International Destination - we utilize the Japanese post office for deliveries anywhere in Japan and overseas. There are several service options:
- EMS (quickest, most expensive)
- US Mailing Address including Virgin Island, Puerto Rico, Guantanamo Bay, Guam, US British Islands, some FPO/DPO - we will use USPS and need postage to deliver to this destinations. The least expensive option will be selected unless otherwise specified. This method does carry free tracking information.
- Priority – 7-10 days (avg.)
- Flat Rate – 7-10 days (avg.)
- Flat Rate Prices - Small Box $8.45
- Medium Box $15.50
- Large Box $21.90
- Padded Envelope $8.55
- Black Cat - available express shipments to Japan ONLY.
USPS products and packages may require more time to be delivered due to limited transportation availability as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 impacts.
All returned or exchanged items must be unwashed, unworn, and undamaged with ALL tags attached. Because we believe in the integrity of our Girl Scout community, a receipt is not required for a return or exchange. If an item is returned without a receipt the current retail price will be applied.
Incorrect orders: Please verify your “quote” prior to paying. If you receive your order and it does not match your invoice or order contact the store at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to correct it as quickly as possible using one of the following methods.
- Returns - Special orders and items with dates included in the design cannot be returned or exchanged (Example: Global Action 2017 patch). Items or orders sent in error can be returned for a full refund or exchanged for the correct item. Contact Girl Scout World to arrange for shipping and credit for your account. Other, unused items can be returned for a refund or exchanged for additional merchandise.
- Refunds - Will be provided to the customer using the following methods:
- Totals UNDER $50 will be store credit ONLY and good for 1 year from the time of the return
- Totals OVER $50 can be applied as store credit or via check
- If the new item is less than returned item you will have a credit to use. This credit will be valid for 1 year.
- If the item is more than the exchange credit, you will be asked for a preferred payment method.
Girl Scout World does not provide postage or labels for the shipping of returned items. If available, please utilize the MPS system for returns. Please email us that you are sending something, or place a note in the package so we know what you need.
Billing/Payments - all payments/transactions are done in US Dollars, NO Foreign currency accepted.
Billing for OC Purchases:
The OC will be billed quarterly. If you would like to pay before the quarter, you can contact us for your account information. If you do NOT pay your bill in a timely manner your account will be frozen and NEW charges will not be allowed. If you are coming close to your “line of credit” limit, you will be notified and payment will be requested at that time.
- Check Payments: Please include an invoice number on the check or a copy of the bill you received. This will help ensure the correct account and invoice are credited. The treasurer will receive a digital receipt of payment.