Girl Scout World is the only official Girl Scout store servicing Girl Scouts Overseas. We are located on Camp Zama, Japan and ship globally. We strive to provide high quality customer service, affordable shipping rates, and unique product options. These policies help us ensure transparency and accuracy in our communication and fulfillment of orders we receive. These policies are independent from any regulations or promotions provided by GSUSA, and apply to all USAGSO members and international customers ordering from Girl Scout World.
** Please note, any orders placed under $30 will incur a $3.00 handling fee, to be charged at the time of payment. Additional shipping charges may apply.
- Early bird – Each year we publish updated information and will state the dates this discount is available to for use. It is a ONE time use. Troop and OC purchases are NOT eligible to use this discount. Please state you want to use this discount when you place the order.
- Additional discounts may be offered throughout the year. Check our website and facebook pages for available promotional and/or discount codes.
We are happy to place special orders for items not found in the Girl Scout World store. To place a special order contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Contact Us page on our website. The following policies apply to any special orders:
- All Special Orders: Must be paid in advance and are non-refundable.
- Fun Patches: Must be ordered in sets of 12 due to GSUSA ordering regulations.
- Clothing: There is no minimum order on special orders; however, we cannot offer exchanges for size discrepancies.
- Novelty & Misc. Items: There is no minimum order amount.
Global Shipping Methods
We are proud to offer several shipping options with a variety of prices and delivery times. Please review the options carefully and select the one most applicable for your needs. Only the options available for your delivery destination will display at check out. Please note, only military communities can utilize the Military Postal Service option. As with all shipping methods, delivery times during the holidays can vary so order early!
- MPS (Military Postal Service) - available overseas only for customers with an APO or FPO address. There is no cost for this service and based on space available, so no guaranteed timeframe for delivery.
- International Destination - we utilize the Japanese post office for deliveries anywhere in Japan and overseas. There are several service options:
- EMS (quickest, most expensive)
- US Mailing Address - we will use USPS to deliver to any US and DPO destinations. The least expensive option will be selected unless otherwise specified.
- Priority – 7-10 days (avg.)
- Flat rate – 7-10 days (avg.)
- Black Cat - available in Japan only and can be sent as cash on delivery for express shipments. No additional charges apply.
All returned or exchanged items must be unwashed, unworn, and undamaged with ALL tags attached. Because we believe in the integrity of our Girl Scout community, a receipt is not required for a return or exchange. If an item is returned without a receipt the current retail price will be applied.
Incorrect orders: Please verify your “quote” prior to paying. If you receive your order and it does not match your invoice or order contact the store at email@example.com. We will work to correct it as quickly as possible using one of the following methods.
- Returns - Special orders and items with dates included in the design cannot be returned or exchanged (Example: Global Action 2017 patch). Items or orders sent in error can be returned for a full refund. Contact Girl Scout World to arrange for shipping and credit for your account. Other, unused items can be returned for a refund or exchanged for additional merchandise.
- Refunds - Will be provided to the customer using the following methods:
- Totals UNDER $50 will be store credit ONLY and good for 1 year from the time of the return
- Totals OVER $50 can be applied as store credit or via check
- If the new item is less than returned item you will have a credit to use. This credit will be valid for 1 year.
- If the item is more than the exchange credit, you will be asked for a preferred payment method.
Girl Scout World does not provide postage or labels for the shipping of returned items. If available, please utilize the MPS system for returns. Please email us that you are sending something, or place a note in the package so we know what you need.
Billing for OC Purchases:
The OC will be billed quarterly. If you would like to pay before the quarter, you can contact us for your account information. If you do NOT pay your bill in a timely manner your account will be frozen and NEW charges will not be allowed. If you are coming close to your “line of credit” limit, you will be notified and payment will be requested at that time.
- Check Payments: Please include an invoice number on the check or a copy of the bill you received. This will help ensure the correct account and invoice are credited. The treasurer will receive a digital receipt of payment.